[OpenLayers-Dev] Sponsorship Credits

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Oct 20 15:38:58 EDT 2008

Erik Uzureau wrote:
>  * Paying Sponsors: Top of page, in order of sponsorship, $500 and up
> get logo and text. $500 and down get just text

Erik,

I would note that the OSGeo Project Sponsorship program does not claim to
support sponsorships of less than $500 - primarily because of our concern
that the processing overhead becomes significant in proportion to the money
at this point.

As mentioned earlier, my opinion is that sponsorships of less than Silver
are low yield in terms of return on effort and I do not actively solicit
them.   Sometimes folks talk about having a mechanism for individuals to
contribute, but I think it is generally more effective for invidividuals
to contribute "in kind" in various ways, rather than in cash.

Best regards,