[OpenLayers-Dev] Sponsorship Credits

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 20:22:11 EDT 2008

At this point, it all still feels pretty nebulous. Whereas the idea of
raising serious sponsorship money for the project is really exciting, the
more I think about it the heavier it weighs on me. The best suggestion we've
had so far would be to put that money towards funding a "maintainer" for the
project -- someone willing to do mailing list surveillance and bug tracker
wizardry. Beyond that, one could imagine trying to find someone to help out
with documentation/tutorial writing, or even... dare I say it... marketing?

Anyways, all that seems pretty far away at this point.

In my mind, a couple of $500 sponsorships could easily fund OpenLayers
tshirts or ski hats (my preference).
Five to Ten of those and we could fund or at least subsidize lodging for a
bunker week.

Also, in the past some people have tossed around the idea of doing an
OpenLayers "conference", which would be some sort of a one or two day
meeting filled with tutorials, workshops and presentations... something more
users focussed. That's a story for another thread, but still, it could be
another candidate for funding.