[OpenLayers-Dev] Spending Sponsorship Money

John R. Frank john.frank at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 23 16:17:29 EDT 2008

> quantifying results may only serve to divert rather than focus

Yes, metrics tend to steer groups, so they should only be used if that
kind of steering is desired.

> Good point, though: T-shirts? Cute, yes, but maybe not the best use of
> our time or money. Code sprints, on the other hand? If we can come up
> with a compelling agenda and use a code sprint to deliver on that
> agenda, that's another thing entirely.

Whether it is an "agenda" or "over arching goal" or "metric" or "purpose",
my point is simply that there should be a clear _end_ stated for the
funds.  T-shirts and such are not an end in themselves. :-)

jrf