[OpenLayers-Dev] Spending Sponsorship Money

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 23 16:18:03 EDT 2008

Schuyler Erle wrote:
> Good point, though: T-shirts? Cute, yes, but maybe not the best use of
> our time or money. Code sprints, on the other hand? If we can come up
> with a compelling agenda and use a code sprint to deliver on that
> agenda, that's another thing entirely.

Folks,

Identifying objectives is good.  Measurement may be more challenging and
possible the effort of measurement isn't worth the trouble.

I do want to speak up on behalf of t-shirts though!  T-shirts are a very
cheap way of building development team spirit, and assuming they get wore
in appropriate venues, of raising the project profile.  A t-shirt for a
contributor who is otherwise somewhat on the margins may do a lot to make
them feel involved and valued.  So - I say - don't be too hesitant to spend
a bit of money on the team!

Best regards,