[OpenLayers-Dev] sandbox rule - vote

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 2 11:30:02 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 08:58:05AM +0200, Eric Lemoine wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've noticed that some of us, sandbox committers, do not (always)
> include SVN log comments. I think this is against the "share
> knowledge, share development" spirit of sandboxes.
>
> I would go with this: SVN log comments must always be provided.
>
> What people think?

With 3 positive votes and no negative votes, I've implemented this; in
my opinion, any comment without a message is either a misunderstanding
(requires more teaching) or a mistake (someone hits the button before
they mean to).

http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/CodingStandards#CommittingtoSubversion

"Commits without a commit message will be rejected by SVN."