[OpenLayers-Dev] resolutions and getResolution()

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at neogeo-online.net
Mon Sep 8 07:56:33 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I discover that even if you set your resolutions, these are not
automatically the exact ones used by OL.
If my resolutions are [32.56465465...
I can get a 30.154654 on that level map.getResolution()

I think it is due to maxExtent things and best scales computation. But
the initial resolutions array is not updated.

So here are my questions :
	- what is the resolution computation routine ? on which basis does it
compute the "better" ones, and how can I try to better match my
requested resolutions ? (Does the maxExtent as to match with them for
instance ?)
	- what would be the best way to retrieve all re-computed resolutions ?
Would getResolutionForZoom do the trick ?

Thanks !

--
Guillaume