[OpenLayers-Dev] Scrollable LayerSwitcher?

Michelle Richardson michelle.richardson2 at baesystems.com
Wed Sep 10 06:30:20 EDT 2008

Hiya

I am creating a web site with an OpenLayers map control and am having
trouble with the LayerSwitcher.  The list of layers in the LayerSwitcher may
make this control taller than the map control itself and the layers at the
bottom of the list aren't visible and the LayerSwitcher doesn't scroll.
This problem occurs in both IE7 and Safari.

I don't know at design time the actual length of the list of layers as the
map control is configurable by the client and the list of available layers
is collected at runtime from the WMS service's GetCapabilities Method.  This
means I will have to allow for layer lists of all sizes.

Is there a way to make the LayerSwitcher scroll vertically?  I've tried
changing the properties of the map's div but that doesn't work.  The actual
divs with the LayerSwitcher etc, are created at runtime by OpenLayers and I
don't seem to be able to get at them.  I don't have a lot of JavaScript or
OpenLayers experience so I thought I might be missing something.

Thanks :)