[OpenLayers-Dev] OL versus ESRI JS API

Robert Sanson SansonR at asurequality.com
Mon Sep 29 23:10:31 EDT 2008

Well, to me it looks like ESRI only supports ESRI-sourced datasets. Very little support for other types of data sources. In contrast, OL supports a wide range of datasources.

Cheers,

Robert

>>> "Richard Greenwood" <richard.greenwood at gmail.com> 30/09/2008 4:01 p.m. >>>
Has anyone done a comparison of, or wish to comment on, OpenLayers
versus ESRI's JavaScrip API? I am reasonably familiar with OpenLayers
but completely new to the ESRI API so I am having difficulty comparing
the two. I am looking for a very high level comparison for a
presentation that I am preparing.

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com
www.greenwoodmap.com

The contents of this email are confidential to AsureQuality. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments. The opinions expressed in this email are not necessarily those of AsureQuality. This message has been scanned for known viruses before delivery. AsureQuality supports the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If you do not wish to receive similar communications in future, please notify the sender of this message.