[OpenLayers-Dev] OL 2.8 RC

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Apr 7 10:19:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 07, 2009 at 12:47:19AM -0600, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hey Chris-
>
> I know you have a couple things you'd still like to get in to 2.8.  Bart
> and I are still working on a cursor style patch as well - but I'm done
> for the night.
>
> Would Wednesday work for a release candidate?  I will be available
> tomorrow for additional reviews.  Please assign to me or ping.
>
> If not Wednesday, a couple hours heads up would be appreciated.

So, there are two things on my plate that I care about:

 * ArcXML support, which I've been working on rewriting the patch for.
   The format works, but it is kind of a mess, and so I've been trying
   to make it less of one.
 * gridOrigin parameter support

I would be willing to toss the latter if it weren't for the fact that it
appears that no one can write an ArcGIS map cache reader without it;
Matt says that 'everything is working fine', but no users have yet been
able to set up the map cache.

In any case, with the current state of the release, I'm not planning on
forcing the issue; I'd like to see us get the remaining tickets handled
*without* booting them to the next release. I'm willing to be patient on
this if other people aren't wanting to force the issue: My deadlines are
past now, and I realize that, but I don't want us to have a crappy
release for the sake of arbitrary deadlines.

Perhaps we can get together on Thursday afternoon and discuss what the
current state is, and where we should go.