[OpenLayers-Dev] A kind of MultiLayer container

Ivan Grcic ivan.grcic at geofoto.hr
Mon Aug 3 12:53:24 EDT 2009

Hi devs,

I want to ask if anyone has made something like Vector/RootContainer,
a layer that would contain several layers, and every layer would
activate/deactivate on different zoomLevels.

Simple case: 3 (or more) layers combined in one ContainerLayer
small scale: WMS raster layer
larger scales: other WMS  raster layer
large scale: WFS vector layer

 Usually I always register zoomend event on map, and manually activate
or deactivate layers...but it got little bit boring to do that on
application level every time.

I remember Alexandre did something like that but for Vector layer
 or http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2009-January/009666.html

Anyone did something like that? (does mapfish maybe has soemthing like that)
 If not, can anyone just give few tips, so I could start developing it...

Tnx&Cheers,

--
Ivan Grcic