[OpenLayers-Dev] somewhat dumb question

Jerome Freyre jerome.freyre at hispeed.ch
Thu Aug 6 06:01:14 EDT 2009

If you define your wms/wfs with a localhost url, it will not work because the
remote try to access the wms service on itself.

So you have to define the wms layers with an IP or a domain name.

Exemple:
var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "OpenLayers WMS",
                "http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0?", {layers: 'basic'});

Sincerly,
Jérome