[OpenLayers-Dev] Right Click with openlayers and prototype.js

Aether judetan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 01:01:34 EDT 2009

Hi there i am having issues with openlayers and prototype.js. I have read
many of the other right click issues but i have gotten another problem which
has yet to be encountered.
as many of us here has tried we usually add this line to disable the browser
default contextmenu. however for me i wrote it like this

map.div.oncontextmenu = function nocontextmenu(e) {if
(OpenLayers.Event.isRightClick(e)){alert("default"); return false;}};

where is it suppose to check if it is a right click before coming out the
alert.
i am having the error which states that in prototype.js line 3719 button is
null.

has anyone encountered this ? or if anyone can help me or point out this
newbie mistakes

Regards
Aethersg