[OpenLayers-Dev] ModifyFeature control - multiple selection support

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Fri Dec 11 09:10:42 EST 2009

Hi devs,

  === short version ===

 * Is there any plan to support multiple feature selection in the
ModifyFeature control ?
 * If not, would that make sense to support it ?  (Clicking features
beyond the first one would enable the editing for those as well while
keeping the first one selected too)

  === long version : the need ===

  There's a Redling tool discussion going on on the GeoExt-dev ML [1].
Among the needs, there's the "multiple feature" edition.  Basically, it
would be possible for a user to select as many feature as they want and
edit their style and/or attributes in a form, but having the possibility
to edit the geometry too would be nice.

  After making some tests with the current trunk version of the
ModifyFeature control, it's possible to select many features (with the
standalone option turned on), but if a feature is already selected,
selecting an other feature removes the 1st feature vertexes and
reselecting it won't make them reappear.

  === small conclusion ===

  I'm doubt the multi-feature edition could be that useful, but who
knows...  I'd like to know your thoughts on the subject, please.

Many thanks,

[1] http://trac.geoext.org/wiki/ux/Redlining

--
Alexandre Dubé