[OpenLayers-Dev] Project Steering Commitee Chair

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:58:03 EST 2009

Dear OpenLayers,

It has been a few months now since I brought up the topic of an open
re-evaluation of the post of PSC Chair. We had originally postponed the
discussion until the new year and the election of Eric Lemoine as the newest
member of the PSC.

Over the past month, things in my professional life have shifted around a
bit and I felt it prudent to postpone bringing this up until things cleared
up. As it turns out, I am going to be working on some new projects in the
months to come and the time I have available to dedicate to the OpenLayers
project will shrink from "practically zero" to "essentially none".

Regardless of the above and my own personal circumstances, I have mentioned
before that I think it might
be a good time for someone else to step up to the plate and take a stab at
"leading". As we all know, the responsibilities of the PSC chair are few and
mostly nebulous, but as time progresses and I have less and less time to
devote, I have begun to feel as if I'm perhaps doing the project an
injustice. Perhaps there is someone out there who would not otherwise speak
up... well now is the chance.

Please nominate (here, via the dev@ list) anyone (including yourself) who
you think would do a good job as the Chair of the OpenLayers PSC. We can
discuss openly as a group the best course of action.

With all that in mind, I should be clear that this is not a resignation. I
am able and willing to continue on in my current capacity as PSC Chair for
as long as the community thinks that's best for the project...with the
understanding that my time and dedication in the upcoming months will be
severly shortened.

Thanks,
Erik