[OpenLayers-Dev] release?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Feb 21 09:28:15 EST 2009

Back in the 2.7 days, I promised users that the WFS protocol would be in
2.7. That was silly of me, but it was based on an honest mistake of
mine, that I thought it was farther along than it was.  Now, 5 months
later, the WFS protocol is in trunk. I've said several times that as
soon as that happened, I would cut a release quickly so people could
start using a trunk release again.

I'd like to do what I can to make that happen. I'm hoping that tageting
a release date of ~6-8 weeks from now -- say, 2009/04/20 -- is sane.

There's one other 'big ticket' item that I really care about before the
next release, which is some version of #1666. (I don't care about it for
any controls other than selectfeature, but understand that some people
do.)

I'm assuming that other people have other items that they want to get
included.

Is there anyone hugely opposed to targeting April 20 (or earlier) as a
release date for 2.8?