[OpenLayers-Dev] Enhanced Layer Switcher almost done but needs your input!

Semantica jvanulde at nrcan.gc.ca
Mon Jan 19 23:40:28 EST 2009

Hi all,

I have been working on an enhanced layer switcher:

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/jvanulden/openlayers/examples/extended-layerswitcher.html

Everything works fine in Firefox, Chrome and Safari however there is a small
problem in IE. For some reason, IE keeps trying to load the legend images
for requests that fail. I have tried everything to fix this and the solution
has escaped me. The issue likely has to do with where I am setting the
legend images src in my layerSwitcher:

http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/jvanulden/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Control/LayerSwitcher.js

Currently the getLegendGraphics request is being called everytime
layerSwitcher.draw is called. Consequently the legendGraphics are being
requested multiple times. I guess what I am looking for is some advice on
how I can rearchitect this to be more efficient... if anyone can take a look
and provide me some direction it would be much appreciated. My goal is to
ultimately have my layerSwitcher be an official add-in as has been suggested
by many.

Cheers and thank you in advance!