[OpenLayers-Dev] page does not show any thing

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Jul 13 15:07:27 EDT 2009

Hey-

mkabeer wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> i am new to open layers and geoserver, as per documents i installed
> geoserver and tested its working
> then i created following html page and copied as 1-basics.html and copied
> into /geoserver/1-basics.html
> and running through the firefox but nothing is displaying. page is empty.
> here is the following code

I assume you access GeoServer via a URL like
http://localhost:8080/geoserver

If so, then http://localhost/geoserver/wms (used below) will only
resolve to your WMS endpoint if you set up a proxy.

If you don't want to set up a proxy, you can dump things in the www
directory in GeoServer's config directory.  Assuming you place a page in
there called basic.html, it will be accessible via a URL like
http://localhost:8080/geoserver/www/basic.html

If your html uses relative URLs to pull in additional resources (like
OpenLayers.js), then those resources must be located relative to your
basic.html page.

None of this is really OpenLayers specific, but if you have additional
trouble getting OpenLayers to load, send more detail.

Tim

--
Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org