[OpenLayers-Dev] csw format

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Jun 3 19:01:51 EDT 2009

Hey-

Bruno Binet wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am currently working on a new format to write CSW GetRecords
> requests and read CSW GetRecordsResponse responses.
> Do you think this format could have its place among other OL Formats ?

I think this sounds good.

There is a bit of awkwardness coding around services that require
complex formatting of request data (in terms of the OL Protocol/Format
split), but I think additional formats (and protocols) make sense.

At some point, it seems like we should discuss hosting a lite (but
fairly functional build) so people wouldn't complain about OL continuing
to get bigger with every release.

Tim

--
Tim Schaub