[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.8 RC6

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jun 15 09:44:57 EDT 2009

The OpenLayers Development Team is proud to announce the sixth release
candidate of OpenLayers 2.8!

RC6 closes an additional small number of bugs in the 2.8 Release,
most importantly adding support for IE8 VML rendering.

We invite you to help us test the 2.8 release candidate! To test 2.8 in
your applications, include the following tag in your OpenLayers-powered
page:

 <script src="http://openlayers.org/api/2.8-rc6/OpenLayers.js"></script>

 As always, the source is available at http://openlayers.org/download/.
 Bug reports can be filed in Trac, under the 2.8 version and milestone.

 For information on possible changes that will need to be made between
 this version of OpenLayers and previous versions, please look at the
 Release notes, available at the Release Notes information[1].

 We look forward to your feedback on this release.

 [1]
 http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/Release/2.8/Notes#CompatibilityNotes