[OpenLayers-Dev] Bug in the 2.8 RC6? (ticket #1797)

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Jun 18 14:24:04 EDT 2009

Hi Vivien,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:42 PM, Vivien
Deparday<vivien.deparday at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can still reproduce the error but it doesn't happen at every manual
> resize with the two examples. Sometimes I have to play more with
> resizing the window and the layer switcher. I found a sequence that
> makes it happen every time with the basic example from gregers  (after
> removing width and height style of the map div) :  load the page,  press
> F11, switch to google streets layer, press F11, switch back to google
> physical and there  you should have the bug. It also happens in many
> other resizing and layer switcher uses.
> Let me know if you can reproduce.

Yes, _this_ I can reproduce. And it seems to be a new issue. Until
now, we only encountered problems when making the map _larger_. This
one happens when we make it _smaller_. I cannot help, but I have the
impression that everytime we revisit #1797, there are new issues, and
it always behaves different with OL 2.7 and 2.8, but never completely
right. I doubt that this is just OpenLayers' fault.

Regards,
Andreas.

> Viv
>
> Andreas Hocevar wrote:
>> Hi Vivien,
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 6:04 AM, Vivien
>> Deparday<vivien.deparday at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> sorry to talk about this ticket yet again but I still have an issue.
>>> This issue can be reproduced with the example attached to the ticket
>>> #1797 with Firefox 3. When clicking the button resize of the example
>>> (which changes the div size and execute map.updateSize), it now works.
>>> However, if you resize manually the Firefox window (by manually I mean
>>> with the handle at the bottom right-hand corner or with the
>>> resize/maximize button beside the close button or when you use the full
>>> screen mode by pressing F11) and then switch the layer, all the tiles
>>> don't get refreshed. You have to resize the window again and then it
>>> works. You can also reproduce this with the example I attached to the
>>> ticket #2055. In this case, the vector layer is also misaligned.
>>>

>> Ok, I tried with the example attached to #1797, after removing the
>> width and height styles of the map div. Works fine. Then I tried with
>> the exmaple attached to #2055, modified the paths and proxy to make it
>> work in my environment, and also cannot reproduce the issue.
>>

>>> Let me know if you can reproduce this issue with the two examples and if
>>> you would need me to minimize my application to help solving this issue.
>>> Hopefully, it's not worth delaying the release of the 2.8.
>>>

>> I cannot reproduce the issue. The problem with the GMaps API is that
>> their JS can change any time, so it is hard to reproduce these things
>> in general. I do not think it is worth delaying the release of 2.8.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andreas.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Vivien