[OpenLayers-Dev] Fixed Strategy question

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 19 09:02:43 EDT 2009

Is there any particular reason why the Fixed strategy does not use the
layer filter?  I'd like to be able to use it against a WFS and load
all the features but with a filter.

I've tested this in my application using this quick workaround:

var fixed = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed({
     load: function(options) {
         OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed.prototype.load.apply(this,
[{filter:this.layer.filter}]);
     }
});

and it works as I would like.  I will add a patch to make Fixed work
like BBOX in applying a filter in the load method unless there is a
reason why it was left out in the first place.

Cheers

Paul

    Paul Spencer
    Chief Technology Officer