[OpenLayers-Dev] Topology proposal

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 17:49:26 EDT 2009

Since I made the ticket I've done some additional work available in a
new sandbox (just for my own sake to keep track what I'm doing against
2.8 release)

The new stuff is topologyenforcement when adding or removing vertices,
which means that other features intersecting vertices will be removed
and an edge crossing a new vertex will be split so that another vertex
intersects the new one.

OpenLayers stuff added are vertexadded and vertexremoved events to the
Vector layer and an improvement (?) to containsPoint to give info
about which edge is crossing (if it is crossing).

Example is at:
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/bjornharrtell/eventbasedtopology2/examples/topology.html

I'd also like to say that while I'm more or less where I wanted to get
functionally and have no current plans for further developent, new
patches for #2125 aren't my highest priority, partially because I
think the ticket/patch is good enough to discuss the matter of
if/how/when to continue the work somehow.

/Björn