[OpenLayers-Dev] DeleteFeature Control

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 3 08:44:55 EST 2009

Hi Devs,

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1882

The way I see this control now the more I think it should have been done
an other way.

Currently :
  - It uses feature+keyboard+box handlers for selection/unselection
  - It has its own array of selected features
  - It directly changes the renderIntent of the selected/unselected
features (which is wrong)

Should instead :
  - Have an integrated SelectFeature control, like the ModifyFeature
control, but with more handlers (keyboard).

I think this needs discussion :
  - A SelectFeature control, on deactivation, should always unselect all
features.
  - This control has the following behaviors : keyboards combinations of
shift + ctrl for selections and the select on click, more select on
click+ctrl and no unselection on click on a selected feature.  They are
different than the SelectFeature control.  IMHO, the DeleteFeature
behaviors are more standard-like.

Comments are welcomed.

--
Alexandre Dubé