[OpenLayers-Dev] SelectFeature control

Eric Lemoine eric.c2c at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:05:07 EST 2009

Alexandre

I fully support the idea of being able to have two "highlight feature"
controls working at the same time, one on hover and one on click.
However i don't like the renderIntent array in the feature class, it
brings extra complexity that I think is undesirable. I have to say
though that i cannot think of a better solution at this point. Still
thinking...

Thanks for bringing this back up.

Eric

2009/3/3, Alexandre Dube <adube at mapgears.com>:
> Hi devs,
>
>   I brought several weeks ago some possible modification ideas that the
> SelectFeature control could have, including :
>
>   - having its own selectedFeatures array with the corresponding events
> that are currently in the layer
>   - the feature renderIntent could be a stack of strings ( an array )
> instead of a string only, selecting a feature would add "select" to the
> array, unselecting would remove it.
>
>   That would enable the possibility to have multiple SelectFeature
> controls at the same time.  For example, one onHover the other onClick,
> both having their own customized style.  So far, I had no positive
> comments about theses ideas but I'd like to talk about it more to know
> exactly why they're not good ideas, please.
>
>   Kind regards,
>
> --
> Alexandre Dubé
> Mapgears