[OpenLayers-Dev] bus number (regarding infrastructure)

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu Mar 5 17:21:48 EST 2009

Hey-

MetaCarta graciously hosts our project infrastructure.

Chris handles all (or nearly all) admin work.  I assume this is all in
his free time.

Erik has taken responsibility for accepting license agreements and trac
account requests.  I assume he manually adds people to an htpasswd file
when doing the latter.  I suggested the AccountManager plugin to remove
the manual step - but I'm not sure exactly how permissions are handled
(for sandbox or core contributions).

With Erik's departure, we reduce our bus number by one - with respect to
the number of people with access to our project infrastructure.

I'd like to hear discussion again on the following:
1) Giving access to non-MetaCarta employees for the current servers.
2) Moving to OSGeo infrastructure.
- or -
3) Moving someplace else.

I guess my motivation boils down to this: if Chris ever decides to take
a real vacation, nobody can do squat to manage the infrastructure (for
practical purposes).

Tim

--
Tim Schaub