[OpenLayers-Dev] Cluster strategy: decluster function

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Tue Mar 10 12:15:57 EDT 2009

Hey-

Vivien Deparday wrote:
> I just post this feature request: http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1974
> about adding a decluster function when deactivating the cluster
> strategy. I would be interested in developing it. I think it would be
> basically the creation of an array containing the original features
> thanks to a loop through the cluster to get the original features. Then,
> remove the existing features and add the original ones. Would that be
> ok? Would you have any advice?

This sounds like a solid idea.  I'd suggest making it an option on the
strategy.  The same option could indicate that existing features should
be clustered on activate.

As I suggested on the ticket, there's no need to loop through existing
clusters.  The strategy has a reference to the original features
(strategy.features).  As long as clearCache is not called in deactivate,
those features will still be around after deactivate.

Tim

> Cheers,
>
> Vivien Deparday

Tim Schaub