[OpenLayers-Dev] 2.8 Triage Meeting next week?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Mar 11 02:39:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

Our 2.8 progress is coming along relatively well. We're currently at 62
tickets in the 2.8 milestone, and I think that's a pretty good estimate
of what we expected to have in this release:

http://trac.openlayers.org/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=2.8+Release&order=priority

This still means we need to kick out or complete 3 tickets a day to get
our release done on time. I have a feeling that if people continue to
work over the next week or so, we could be in a position where sitting
down and bumping a handful of tickets to the next release would be
helpful.

I'd like to propose that we schedule such a meeting on March 18th
sometime. I'm free all day. I think that it is very important to include
our north american contributors, but I'd also be interested in hearing
from Bart and the Camptocamp guys, if we can set it up.

Perhaps something like Noon Eastern time next Wednesday:

  http://bit.ly/yua5A

I realize this totally screws over our Australian contributors; Roald
has expressed some interest in a few tickets, so hopefully he can share
any state on the list bforehand, and our PSC chair can act as an
advocate.

Target length for the meeting should be one hour; my guess is we'll have
20 or so contentious tickets, and anything that takes more than 3
minutes to talk about, we'll punt on it and discuss further on the
mailing list.

I'm willing to shift the time/date slightly, but am hoping for the
middle of next week as a target. Other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,