[OpenLayers-Dev] analytics

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Mar 16 18:00:47 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 03:54:56PM -0600, Tim Schaub wrote:
> Hey-
>
> Are the results from Google Analytics for http://openlayers.org
> available anywhere publicly?
>
> I'm particularly interested in visits for Sept 1, 08 - Feb 28, 09
> (inclusive).
>
> I'd also be curious to hear download stats for the same time period.
>
> Thanks for any info.

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm happy to make them available to anyone
who is interested; if you give me a Google account, I'll gladly add you
as an administrator on the site, and you can mess around or add people
to your heart's content.

Note that until the end of December, very little of OpenLayers traffic
was measured by analytics: only the homepage visits. Starting At that
time (I can look in SVN for exact commits) trac, api docs,
documentation, etc. were all added.

If there's a way to make stats publicly available through Google
anaytics (or if anyone has a preferred tool other than Google analytics
which does), I'm happy to switch things over or change settings.