[OpenLayers-Dev] Ticket Triage

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:27:10 EDT 2009

Just in summary, the major changes that you are proposing here (which aren't
really particularly _major_, but still) are:

1) tickets should only go into the 'none' milestone if you don't understand
our ticket system.
2) tickets without a patch or that are not being actively worked on should
go into "Future".
3) Only tickets with an attached patch should be marked "needs more work"
4) Any ticket that has a patch and is ready to go into trunk should be put
in the current milestone and marked "review"

yes?

Also, I would like to give another vote of confidence to the section of your
email here in which you encourage
other, not-necessarily-committers, to take a crack at reviewing patches.
Well put. Just because you don't
yourself have commit rights doesn't mean that your voice isn't heard. On the
contrary. The mere fact of knowing
that someone has actually looked at a ticket -- actually cares about it --
is reason enough for someone who
does have commit access to give it more serious consideration.

I would also note in particular that comments like "tests pass in
BROWSER_NAME" or even "great patch,
worked for me" are both big helps to this cause.

I once again suggest this ticket triage policy be wikified. :-)
Erik