[OpenLayers-Dev] grid layout calculation magic or something like that

BrainDrain paulborodaev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:55:21 EDT 2009

Hi.
I'm trying to enable client browser caching for my app via constant url's to
mapserver tiles.
For certain mapserver state (state => hash key as url parameter - crc32 of
config/SLD), using some custom url schema (instead of mapserv cgi parameters
schema) and my http handler, I can achieve that.
But as I can see OL.layer.mapserver mapext, imgext url parameters are
slightly (in my case 11-12 sign) different from time to time (from one web
app initializing to another). How can I fix that? I suppose the problem is
in initGriddedTiles method ('heaven help us' in comments!)))) or in
calculateGridLayout. May be this is related to rounding. Unfortunately I
haven't time to dig into the code and currently I'm using temp solution:
(function() {
OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer.prototype.getURL = function(bounds) {
                bounds = this.adjustBounds(bounds);

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          var extent = [parseFloat(bounds.left.toFixed(10)),
parseFloat(bounds.bottom.toFixed(10)), parseFloat(bounds.right.toFixed(10)),
parseFloat(bounds.top.toFixed(10))];

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          var imageSize = this.getImageSize();
                return this.getFullRequestString({