[OpenLayers-Dev] GeoExt proposal

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 31 08:41:45 EDT 2009

I feel this is covered by

> "The OpenLayers PSC will ask the GeoExt PSC to provide evidence that
> code contributions are free from encumbrances.  Further, the
> OpenLayers PSC will provide guidance to the GeoExt PSC if it appears
> that GeoExt is in violation of any other criteria of an OSGeo member
> project."

I *think* you are suggesting that this be done before accepting ...
I'm +1 on accepting the proposal as is, OpenLayers PSC is not
accepting the copyright, just accepting a role in ensuring that the
project is run in a way that is acceptable to OSGeo.

When a project enters incubation, it doesn't have to have complete
processes before starting.  You are proposing that we impose more
rigorous rules on a project that isn't even trying to enter incubation.

Paul