[OpenLayers-Dev] Layer.GML how to access the XML?

gwales gary_wales at hotmail.com
Mon May 4 12:07:50 EDT 2009

Having followed an example, I have a GPX tracklog file loading nicely on my
map. I would like to parse the XML and place a marker at each point on the
route on a timer to effectively play back the route (like Google Earth can
do).

I need to access the XML to walk the route but am stumped. The original XML
passed to OpenLayers.Layer.GML doesn't seem to be available to me and has
been converted to an SVG object.

I can also see a linestring in the geometry property of features but I just
cannot work out how to access it.

Can anyone help me ?