[OpenLayers-Dev] Format: inheriting writers

bartvde at osgis.nl bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri May 8 02:35:50 EDT 2009

Hi list,

currently the SLD Format writers property uses the Filter Format writer
property. The Filter Format uses ogc as the prefix, e.g.:

var node = this.createElementNSPlus("ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo");

So this will work fine.

Now I want to use the Format.SLD writers in my OWSContext Format for
MinScaleDenominator and MaxScaleDenominator, but the problem here is that
there is no prefix, so:

            "MaxScaleDenominator": function(scale) {
                return this.createElementNSPlus(
                    "MaxScaleDenominator", {value: scale}
                );
            },

This will create MaxScaleDenominator in the default namespace, which is
incorrect.

Is there any way to work around this? Ofcourse changing the above to:

            "MaxScaleDenominator": function(scale) {
                return this.createElementNSPlus(
                    "sld:MaxScaleDenominator", {value: scale}
                );
            },

will make things work in either cases.

Best regards,