[OpenLayers-Dev] Query featureserver?

Kushy francesca.facchetti at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:53:25 EDT 2009

Hi all,
 I'm developing an application for my thesis project, I'm using Openlayers
to display on my map some zones (polygons), points of interest (POI) and
Notifications (points) that can be helpful for ambulance drivers in my city.

I create the POI layer in this way:

punti = new OpenLayers.Layer.WFS("Postgis, punti",
"featureserver.cgi/punti?format=WFS",

		{maxfeatures: maxf_level},

		{extractAttributes: true, displayInLayerSwitcher: false, styleMap :
anotherStyleMap}

		);

and it works, the layer displays all the POI stored in the database.
What if I need to put on this layer just some of them? Can I filter them in
some way? I tried writing "featureserver.cgi/punti?id=100", thinking it
would have displayed the POI with id=100, but it doesn't work.

Can this be done, some way?

 thanks