[OpenLayers-Dev] general questions regarding the process of patches for new/enhanced functionality

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Sat Oct 3 06:21:46 EDT 2009

Hi Marc,

welcome to the community, you're almost there (opening a ticket with a
patch is the right way), a few pointers:

-it is wise to set the state of your ticket to review, also if you want
it to get attention, make sure the milestone is the next possible
release (right now 2.9)
-a patch with a testcase is better than a patch without a testcase, so
if you could look into how to write a testcase that would be great
-a patch should ideally work against trunk

Best regards,
Bart