[OpenLayers-Dev] OpenLayers on FGS installation

keithlegg perihelionvfx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 14:42:58 EDT 2009

I am a noob too , but I thought Id tell you what I know.

I am running FGS and it works great. To install openlayers , I simply copied
all the the javascripts (
http://openlayers.org/download/OpenLayers-2.8.tar.gz ) into my /www/htdocs
path and then access them in a browser. There are some examples in there.
Navigate in your browser to the /examples folder , there are a BUNCH of
things to look through and learn. You should check out
".../examples/draw-feature.html" , that will show you how to draw geometry.
openalyers is all in javascript as far as I understand it.

Good luck