[OpenLayers-Dev] duplicate attribution

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Thu Oct 8 12:06:25 EDT 2009

Hey-

Marc Jansen wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> thanks for the review. Renaming seems reasonable, I guess there is no
> wrong or right.
>
> As for the default: I chose not to break the behaviour of the control
> when being called without the parameter "eliminateDuplicates" set. On
> the other hand: I can hardly guess of any situation where you wanted
> duplicate atttribution texts.

Yeah, I would suggest that it is a bug to show the same attribution
twice.  In that light, changing the behavior would be fixing something
instead of breaking something.

Anybody else think that displaying the same attribution text multiple
times makes sense?

I'm guessing there is not a strong opinion one way or another.  I do
like the idea that at some point we can streamline the API, instead of
continually adding to it (particularly in cases where we are adding
things to work around somewhat odd behavior).

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2300

Tim

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org