[OpenLayers-Dev] Creating own baselayer

fitz5487 fitz5487 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 17:58:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have created an openlayers application using google maps as the baselayer,
however, the organisation I am working for require me to use ordinance
survey maps which are currently in .tiff format, along with the accompanying
mid/mif files. There are tiles for 3 different zoom layers. Is there anyway
of using these tiles directly in openlayers, or is this going to be a much
more complicated proceedure. I have seen that I may need to use a WMS but my
facilities are very limited, and I woundnt have though I will be able to use
java or python in this project.

Does anyone have an idea, or any relevant literature they can point me
towards? I would be much obliged.

Kind regards,

Lee