[OpenLayers-Dev] maintenance releases

Schuyler Erle schuyler at nocat.net
Thu Sep 17 12:35:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 07:38 +0200, Eric Lemoine wrote:

> I'd be +1 on using x.y for both types of releases. Choosing to do a
> "big" or "small" release could be done based on a number of things:
> disruptive patches were included? no big release for too long? etc.

I've always said that version numbers are cheap. I'm +1 on this and +1
on streamlining the release process (e.g. dropping the RC phase if the
release manager deems it unnecessary) to make it easier to get stuff
out. I think there's a good compromise between "release early and often"
and keeping OpenLayers a reliable resource for the community.

SDE