[OpenLayers-Dev] WMS Capabilities (ticket #2164)

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Wed Sep 23 16:27:20 EDT 2009

Gabriel Nolasco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Trond and Tim for this very useful patch. I have a question
> regarding the read_cap_SRS method: I can see that the layer.srs
> property is an object, so one can test if a layer node has a passed
> child SRS: layer.srs[srs] = true. But what if I want to get all SRS
> child nodes of a layer? Does your patch supports this and I’m missing
> how to do it or do I have to change your code and define the
> layer.srs as an array and push all the SRS values:
> layer.srs.push(srs)?

See the ticket [1] for (one sided) discussion on the decision to use an
srs object.

Executive summary: IE push slow.

The one drawback of using an object is that you don't have length.  I
didn't see this as a serious drawback (and instead decided that the
layer.srs["EPSG:4326"] type test was very useful).  Please write back if
you have a good use case for an array.

Tim

[1] http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2164

> Another question is about support for WMS 1.3. I have found this
> patch [1] and would like to know if there is somebody working on it.
>
> [1]
> http://trac.openlayers.org/attachment/ticket/1176/Capabilities.patch
>
> Thanks in advance, Gabriel Nolasco

Tim Schaub