[OpenLayers-Dev] Specifying stylemap in Vector layout screws up IE in 2.8 and 2.9RC1

MostlyBaldEagle MostlyBaldEagle at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 5 13:09:35 EDT 2010

When specifying a stylemap in a vector layer and then using IE7 or IE8 to
display then SelectControl and DragControl won't work properly anymore. This
happens in 2.8 as well as 2.9RC1

1. Drag moves the selected feature exponentially faster than the mouse
pointer ;-)

2. Select does change the graphic image size as specified, but does not show
the FramedCloud popup

3. In both modes most features are not rendered.

Below is an example page which demonstrates this behavior. I created two
type of style map to see if the issues was with how I created the style map,
you can uncomment they one you would like to test with. Also only
DragControl is activated, while the SelectControl is commented out.

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n4854366/IE_2.8.htm IE_2.8.htm

Please let me know if you need any more info. Works on Firefox, Safari and
Chrome.

Any help or patches would be appreciated.

Thanks
Olaf