[OpenLayers-Dev] Bug when creation a map in a div with id like 'mapDIV' (2.9RC1)?

Fabian Patzke (OL) listensammler at patzi.de
Tue Apr 6 06:08:51 EDT 2010

bartvde wrote:

> Hi,
> I am not getting you, can your clarify, ids are case-sensitive.
> What does your markup look like (your div definition)?

OK my fault I am a bit embarrassed, it was a very stupid css error of me.
Because I changed the div name in html an js but not css, sorry and thank
you for pointing me to find the error on my side. I had to debug the OL-code
to find out that it was my mistake.

bartvde wrote:

> The div should always be an id (string), not a DOMElement:
>      * Parameters:
>      * div - {String} Id of an element in your page that will contain the
> map.
>      *     May be omitted if the <div> option is provided or if you intend
>      *     to use <render> later.

Yes but the later provided option div [1] can also be a DOMElement

Best wisches,
Fabian

[1]
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Map-js.html#OpenLayers.Map.div