[OpenLayers-Dev] Bug when creation a map in a div with id like 'mapDIV' (2.9RC1)?

Fabian Patzke (OL) listensammler at patzi.de
Tue Apr 6 08:14:47 EDT 2010

bartvde wrote:

> Hi Fabian,
>
> thanks for pointing out the inconsistency, I've opened up a bug so we can
> tackle this in the future:
>
> http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/2564
>
> Best regards,
> Bart

No problem, so my "bug" report had a little good side effect. Just to
clarify the map constructor also accepts a DOMelement as the first parameter
its just written wrong ;)
As far as I checked the code in map.js, both variants uses the same code:
  this.div = OpenLayers.Util.getElement(div);
So it just needs to be corrected in the DOC of the constructor settings.

Best wishes,
Fabian