[OpenLayers-Dev] Redraw/Reload layer

Fabian Patzke (OL) listensammler at patzi.de
Tue Apr 6 10:04:28 EDT 2010

When I first read the 2.9RC1 announcement I thought there would be an generic
method to redraw a layer every x seconds, but its only for a Vector based
layer.
I thought it would be very neat to have such a functionality i.e. also for
WMS layers. We have WMS layers here that shows the positions of GPS boxes,
so it should be reloaded after some time.
Is there anything I can use for this, off course the strategy wont work.
If not I would try to create a control that provides the same/similar
functionality also for non vector layers.
Does this make sense to you, or am I thinking totally in the wrong
direction.

Greetings,
Fabian