[OpenLayers-Dev] Hide/Show Feature + KML + Stylemap

Thomas PAPIN thomas.papin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 10:38:48 EDT 2010

Ok

I finally found a solution (not sure it's the easier solution but it's
working in all case

When declaring StyleMap I add this Rule:

new OpenLayers.Rule({
                            name : "changestate",
                            symbolizer: { "Polygon": { display : "none"} },
                            filter: new OpenLayers.Filter.FeatureId({fids :
[]})
                            })

So currently this has no impact, as the list of features id is empty.

Now, in my changestate function (this function is called when a feature
status must be changed : show/hide)

                features = layer.features;
                unactivelist = new Array(); // List of feature ids to hide
                n = 0;
                for(i=0;i<dtnode.parent.childList.length;i++) { // I am
using dynatree (tree with checkbox)

                    // if style is defined (no stylemap associated) normal
case, just style.display = "none"
                    if (features[i].style) {
                        if (dtnode.parent.childList[i].isSelected())
                            features[i].style.display = "block";
                        else
                            features[i].style.display = "none";
                    } else {
                        if (!dtnode.parent.childList[i].isSelected())//
checkbox not active so add to unactive
                            unactivelist[n++] = features[i].id;
                        }
                    }
               }

               //Get layer.stylemap.style.rules.filter and change fids to
the new list, redraw the layer
                    style = layer.styleMap.styles["default"];
                    for(j=0;j<style.rules.length;j++)
                    {
                        if (style.rules[j].name == 'changestate')
                        {
                            style.rules[j].filter.fids = unactivelist;
                        }
                    }

                }
                layer.redraw();