[OpenLayers-Dev] GeoJson Service question

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Fri Aug 13 04:32:25 EDT 2010

On Friday, August 13, 2010, Pieter De Graef <pieter.degraef at geosparc.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bart,
>
> I think that's it. I'll look at example implementations first and get
> back here if I have more questions.

Hi Pieter.

OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP now fully supports the MapFish HTTP
interfaces (a.k.a. the MapFish Protocol), defined at
<http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/wiki/MapFishProtocol>. MapFish
and FeatureServer share the same HTTP interfaces. So if you develop
web services that respect these interfaces (in Geomajas or anywhere
else) you and your users could just use Protocol.HTTP and
Format.GeoJSON without any modification or extension to OpenLayers.
And going that path would lead to some compatibility across our server
implementations, which would probably be a good thing.

Hope it makes sense.

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS