[OpenLayers-Dev] Patrch for getting vector drawing working over the 180 line going.

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Tue Aug 17 00:52:41 EDT 2010

Worked part of today on the renderer. It seems to me that:

             var IDL = (this.extent.right > this.map.maxExtent.right);
is a very simple indicator of whether there is an IDL problem to deal with.
this.extent extends the projection coordinates over the 180 line rather
than going to negative numbers.

Changing feature.geometry in renderer works pretty well. Only zoombox
continues to do the wrong thing because the pixel to latlon creates
negative numbers. Easily fixed. However, this still modifies the values
of the feature.geometry rather than a clone because various other parts
of the system (the handlers) independently modify the geometry so
modifying a clone doesnt work.(rubberbanding stops working). I have
little idea what effect that would have on other parts of openlayers.
The critical thing will be for a polygon created for the purposes of
selecting features through WFS but havent tested this yet. Geoserver
handling of the 180 line is in a version that is giving us a problem
with arcsde.

Will do more work on this tomorrow hopefully.

geodesic true fixes the distance calculation for measure control but
area isnt working. I have yet to investigate why.