[OpenLayers-Dev] Refresh strategy in IE

Niklas Ringdahl niklasringdahl at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:27:02 EDT 2010

Hi.

I am using a combination of Fixed and Refresh strategies, to always get all data from a GeoJSON datasource and refresh the layer every 10 seconds. This works in FF, but in IE no update occurs. The first getting of data worked somehow, but it never updates. From what I can ses, the refresh() function triggers in OpenLayers.Strategy.Refresh, but there is no request issued to my backend. Is there a known issue with caching of these requests in IE, or is it something else? Any pointers are welcome.

My layer definition looks like this:

    var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Mobile", {
        strategies: [
            new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed(),
            new OpenLayers.Strategy.Refresh(
                {
                    interval: 10000,
                    force: true
                }
            )
        ],
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.HTTP({
            url: "/Location/Locations.ashx?output=geojson",
            format: new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON(
                {
                    'internalProjection': new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:3006"),
                    'externalProjection': new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
                }
            )
        })
        ,
        styleMap: new teratools.map.styleMap.mobileLocations()
    });

Thanks in advance.
- Niklas