[OpenLayers-Dev] CLA process

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Mon Dec 6 12:46:35 EST 2010

Hey-

I'm wanting to review our CLA process & docs a bit.

The http://trac.osgeo.org/openlayers/wiki/HowToContribute page mentions
that contributors can email a completed copy of the agreement to
psc[at]openlayers.org.

The ICLA (http://www.openlayers.org/icla.txt) says contributors can
email a completed agreement to openlayers_cla[at]openlayers.org.

The agreement form has a space for a signature.  Neither of the above
documents is explicit with regard to how contributors can sign the
emailed copy.

I'd like to make these docs consistent and a bit more complete with
regard to emailed agreements.

Do we agree that the openlayers_cla address is the right one for people
to email completed agreements to?

Can we be explicit that for individuals, checking a box on the form is a
substitute for printing/signing/scanning the document (I can dredge up
appropriate language from other agreements if so)?

Thanks for opinions,
Tim

--
Tim Schaub