[OpenLayers-Dev] CLA in svn

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Wed Dec 8 09:56:22 EST 2010

On Dec 8, 2010, at 12:33 AM, ext Tim Schaub wrote:

> On 12/7/10 5:13 PM, christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 7, 2010, at 6:11 AM, ext Roald de Wit wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Identity theft is a matter of concern these days. Wouldn't making people's signatures publicly available add to this?
>>
>> This is the reason that CLAs are not in SVN: both signatures (where they are
>> provided) and addresses seemed like information that we would be better off
>> not publishing.
>>
>> I don't have a better suggestion right now, but that was the original reason.
>
> Can we control access?
>
> I'm sure I can dig around the OSGeo machine and find out for myself - so I apologize for asking before trying.

You probably don't actually have access to that machine :) SVN is hosted on the centralized
SVN/trac server.

> Limiting a portion of the repo to the PSC seems like a sensible measure.

I don't know if that's possible. Asking on the SAC list if anyone else has done it
would be appropriate. The only private SVN stuff I'm aware of for osgeo is a totally
separate repo, which I wanted to avoid the maintenance hassle of.

-- Chris